Sunday 29 January 2012

Grampa's Creamed Cheese


I love this!  My Grandfather used to make it for me when I was a little girl, it was always a real treat!  I often make it today – as a light lunch, or tea.  I usually make it on toast, but I only had muffins in the house today so they had to do instead! 

It’s very quick to make, and can be done in the time it takes to toast the bread, or muffins.  Have everything ready before you start! 





Per person : 

  • 2 eggs, beaten with half a teaspoon of English mustard powder (or made mustard) and a pinch of cayenne pepper. 
  • 2 or 3 oz of grated cheese – I prefer it with strong cheddar 
  • Small knob of butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
  • 2 slices of bread, or one English muffin halved
Toast the bread/muffin 

Melt the butter in a small pan and add the eggs, swirling them around.  As they begin to set stir with a wooden spoon to scramble them and add the cheese.  Stir until the cheese is melted and season to taste. 

Spoon onto the toast/muffins and eat hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment