Saturday 5 January 2013

Stilton Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Pancetta


I came up with this to use up some of the Stilton that was leftover in the fridge from Christmas.  I love Stilton cheese and only ever have it at Christmas, but I went a little overboard this year!  This is a lovely way to use some of it up. 

For two people I used: 

2 chicken breasts
4 slices parma ham
Stilton cheese, to taste (I used appx 1tsp per breast)*
Freshly milled black pepper to taste 

To stuff the chicken, simply butterfly the chicken breasts, season with pepper and dot each with some stilton cheese.  Fold over the top flap of the breasts, wrap in the pancetta and place in a baking dish.  Drizzle them with a little olive oil and give another seasoning of ground black pepper.

Bake in a hot oven (190oC / 375oF / Gas Mark 5) for 30 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through.  If any juices accumulate in the dish you can baste the breasts as they cook. 

I served this with some small pasta shapes (orzo) and cooked broccoli.

*You could of course use any blue cheese of choice

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! This sounds delicious!!! Will surely be making it soon with the stilton cheese I have too.... May you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete