Wednesday 18 May 2016

Cheesy Broccoli and Rice


I can’t claim any credit for the provenance of the recipe - it’s a Delia, but I do claim the shortcuts as my own!

I love my freezer, and I love my leftovers.  I’m always stashing Ziploc bags of cooked rice, cooked pasta and tubs of cheese sauce for quick meals on lazy days.  This one was put together to use up some leftover cooked broccoli from the day before and is simplicity in itself. 

Quantities depend on how many you are cooking, I think in terms of about 1/3 cup a person. 

This is really nothing more than a simple assembly job!  Defrost a bag of cooked rice (Camargue red rice is flavour of the month here at the moment) and tip into an ovenproof dish.  Top with the cooked broccoli (par cooked would be better if you’re making this from scratch) and then with the cheese sauce.  Add a grating of cheddar and parmesan (if you have it to hand, if not good old cheddar is just as good) and then pop into the oven.  I cooked mine at 200oC (400oF/gas mark 6) for about half an hour – until the cheese is bubbling and the dish is hot right the way through.




My cheat hero ingredient! 







Delia’s original recipe is here :

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/vegetarian-food/cauliflower-and-broccoli-gratin-with-blue-cheese?utm_source=https%3A//www.bing.com/&utm_medium=d&utm_campaign=otn&utm_content=recipes/type-dish/vegetarian-food/cauliflower-and-broccoli-gratin-blue-cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment